The onion is among the world’s oldest cultivated plants. Onions were well known as a folk remedy for everything from blood cleansing to bee-stings. Onions contain a volatile oil that stimulates the tear glands and the mucous membranes of the respiratory tract, causing the eyes and nose to water.
Allium cepa is a homeopathic remedy made from red onions is often indicated for hay fever at early streaming stage of cold when the sufferer complains of watery eyes, and a copious burning nasal discharge that makes the nostrils and upper lip raw and sore.
Homeopathic remedies work on the individuality of the person. Each person suffering from hay fever might not need Allium cepa. Check if allium cepa can help you.
The main symptom picture of Allium cepa
• Complaints often from cold, damp, penetrating winds
• Copious watering of eyes, bland watery discharge
• Watery and acrid nasal discharge which excoriates the skin
• Watery nasal discharge and obstruction goes from left to right nostril
• There might be cough that produces a raw and splitting sensation in the larynx.
• There might be congestive headaches
• Person feels worse in warm and stuffy rooms
• Person feels better from fresh air